A question about a recipe: Pine Nut Brittle with Rosemary

8cdef0db cf6c 45b6 932f 52ac4f1ecf99  brittle 1

I have a question about the recipe "PIne Nut Brittle with Rosemary.
If I am using nuts in almost any recipe I usually toast them first, would that be appropriate here? I'm thinking that it would give the brittle an even better flavor.

asked by MAP almost 7 years ago

I agree! Toasting the pine nuts would be sublime!

Great idea!

Ms. T

If you try it, please let me know how it turns out. I didn't toast them because I was worried they'd keep cooking after I added them to the caramel and get overdone, and also thought the caramel already lent a somewhat "toasty" flavor. But I'm curious if the pre-toasting would make the brittle crunchier. Sounds worth a try!

MAP
MAP

Thanks everyone for the input, I'm doing it tonight and will let you know.