🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pine Nut Brittle with Rosemary

8cdef0db cf6c 45b6 932f 52ac4f1ecf99  brittle 1

I have a question about the recipe "PIne Nut Brittle with Rosemary.
If I am using nuts in almost any recipe I usually toast them first, would that be appropriate here? I'm thinking that it would give the brittle an even better flavor.

asked by MAP almost 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I agree! Toasting the pine nuts would be sublime!

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Great idea!

C1925f5b 917a 4e62 8c98 8ff7031b0b36  food54 profile pic

If you try it, please let me know how it turns out. I didn't toast them because I was worried they'd keep cooking after I added them to the caramel and get overdone, and also thought the caramel already lent a somewhat "toasty" flavor. But I'm curious if the pre-toasting would make the brittle crunchier. Sounds worth a try!

MAP

Thanks everyone for the input, I'm doing it tonight and will let you know.