A question about a recipe: Ciabatta Stuffing with Chorizo, Sweet Potato, and Mushrooms

43f89a77 b490 490c bf45 b15a5cfc36a8  2016 1025 chorizo and sweet potato ciabatta stuffing mark weinberg 262

I have a question about the recipe "Ciabatta Stuffing with Chorizo, Sweet Potato, and Mushrooms" from melissav. Am up to step 6, though the chorizo is still separate (I'm draining the chorizo on paper towels--used non-dried chorizo). Should I hold it this way overnight and add the browned chorizo plus pour the broth/egg mix tomorrow? Or just toss it all together in baking dish now ready for baking tomorrow?

asked almost 7 years ago

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

I would hold off and go with your first instinct. Better to be safe.

melissav

I toss it all together in the baking dish; that way the broth and egg get to soak into the bread.

thanks! I did end up tossing it all together and putting in containers since I have no room right now for a large baking dish in the fridge. It's the best I can do; and it seems like a forgiving recipe.

And it smells amazing even before baking....