A question about a recipe: Chocolate Mousse with Cointreau and Chocolate Shards

7e39e0ec bcd2 4283 ab2e 7aea592f063e  2016 1101 merrills chocolate mousse james ransom 227

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Mousse with Cointreau and Chocolate Shards" from merrill. What would be a good and simple sub for cointreau? I'd love to use it, but can't. Rum? Brandy? Orange zest? How much?

asked by HCR almost 7 years ago

Brandy + orange zest combination sounds really good!! Maybe let the zest sit in the brandy to infuse for a few minutes first, and perhaps warm it ever so gently to release some of the bright citrus flavor. Have fun! (Lucky you. Sounds so tasty!!) ;o)

HCR
HCR

Thanks! It was amazing I highly recommend it. So simple and beautiful.

vvvanessa

can you get hold of triple sec? that would work in equal measure. antoniajames's idea sounds great, too!

HCR
HCR

I wish I could have! The problem is really that I'm under 21 and had to use what was on hand. Thank-you!!

lisabu

Grand marnier would work well although it's a little sweeter.

HCR
HCR

Yum great idea. Thanks so much for answering.