A question about a recipe: Mexican Cheesy Corn Risotto With Cilantro

2d6bdab3 4206 4c3d ac52 e428177251bc  default recipe

I have a question about the recipe "Mexican Cheesy Corn Risotto With Cilantro" from JennT1981 and about risotto in general. I've made risotto before, and a lot seems to hinge on the stirring and addition of broth. Can you just double a recipe for risotto by doubling the quantities, or is there more of a science to it?

asked by Elise about 7 years ago

JennT1981

Thanks for your question about my recipe, and risotto in general. Preparing risotto is not a science like baking is. I'm sure you'd be fine doubling the recipe to make a larger batch. I would think it's what some restaurants do on a busy service night. The thing with risotto though is you usually want to serve it immediately once prepared as it can tighten up on you the longer it sits.
Happy Cooking,
Jenn

Elise

Great! Thanks, Jenn!