A question about a recipe: Hunter's-Style Chicken

43a34c23 1807 4a34 a037 bfbb38d69d26  011811f 323

I have a question about the recipe "Hunter's-Style Chicken" from last nights dinner. Does "parchment lid" mean to place parchment over then pot and then place the lid of the pot over the parchment to secure it? sorry if this should be obvious. thanks!

asked by Tarragon over 6 years ago

lastnightsdinner

Hi Tarragon - you do not need to use the pot lid for this. Basically, the parchment lid will keep the pot partially covered, while allowing some of the steam to escape and the sauce to cook down. I think I put a link in to Michael Ruhlman's explanation of the parchment lid - either in the recipe notes or the comments - but since I don't recall off hand, here it is again. http://ruhlman.com/2010...

I hope this helps, and I hope you enjoy the dish!

Tarragon

thanks lastnightsdinner! I just removed the pot lid, leaving only parchment as I hurrybto the link . . . . Thanks!