1. Put mezcal, agave, adobo and salt into a gallon sized zip top bag, close and mix thoroughly.
2. Drop quail into the bag, close and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
3. Heat cast iron or other heavy sauce pan on medium low heat for 10 minutes and preheat the oven to 350℉.
4. Turn heat to medium and add the oil.
4. Then pull the quail from the marinade and add to hot pan.
5. Cook for 3-4 minutes then flip and a cook another 3-4 minutes on the other side.
6. Slide the whole skillet into the oven to finish cooking for 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
7. Once quail are cooked, plate and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before eating.
8. Garnish with fresh lime, cilantro, and rose petals.