Kale with Bell Peppers and Egg tacos are perfect for a vegetarian brunch.
1. Pre-heat your broiler in the oven to high for 5 minutes. You aren’t trying to get the oven hot, but make the coils on the top of the oven uber red. This works like an upside down grill to roast the peppers.
2. Rub a little of the olive oil and sprinkle a little salt on both sides of the peppers and put them skin side up on a cookie sheet covered in foil or whatever you have that has big and flat and can go in the oven.
3. Put the pan in the oven about 6 inches from the broiler and burn the crap out of the peppers, it takes about 5-10 minutes. You HAVE to watch it the whole time! You don’t want to over burn them.
4. Next toss the greens into a baking dish with the rest of the olive oil and about half the salt and then throw in the peppers and put it back in the oven.
5. Turn the heat down to 425 and bake for 15 minutes. Pull this out and put it on the stove and be careful, it’s hot. Duh.
6. Crack all 4 eggs on top of the veggie mess with the rest of the salt and then stick it back in the oven for 5-10 minutes. When the eggs only giggle a little bit on top they are done!
7. Pull it out of the oven, put a serving spoon in and let people enjoy the fruits of your labor. I warm up the tortillas and scoop the mix on to one and then sprinkle with quest fresco and squeeze on the lemon. You can also make it into a breakfast sandwich or just eat it out of the pan.