This super simple salad is the star here. I picked up some first of the season asparagus from the farmers market and tossed it with fennel and zucchini for a really quick weeknight dinner. I served it with baked steelhead for a light healthy meal.
1. Set a big pot of salted water to boil.
2. While you wait prep a bunch of asparagus and cut into 2" pieces on a bias.
3. With a mandolin slice zucchini into ribbons and shave fennel bulb.
4. Give the asparagus a quick blanch (1-2 minutes), plunge in ice bath, and drain.
5. Make a simple vinaigrette (my husband is on a very restricted diet right now, so I used apple cider vinegar, an incredible butter flavoured olive oil, salt and pepper)
6. Toss vinaigrette with veggies add some grated lemon zest and shaved Parmesan (I couldn't add these because of the diet restrictions, but am certain it would be fantastic).