Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce on Tortilla
Yield: 4 servings
two - 14 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes or your favorite tomato sauce
4 large eggs
1 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon cumin
Feta Cheese crumbled
1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
additional salt and pepper to taste
4 Corn tortillas, fried in olive il until semi-crisp
1. Heat large saucepan on medium heat. Melt butter, then cook onions and garlic till soft.
2. Add crushed tomatoes with juices (or tomato sauce), Worcestershire and cumin. Stir till everything is combined well. Bring the sauce to a low boil, then reduce heat to low.
3. Stir in the parsley or cilantro and simmer the sauce on low heat for about 10 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Crack the eggs into the tomato sauce; sprinkle on feta cheese, then cover the pan. Poach the eggs in the sauce for about 5-8 minutes, or until the whites are set and the yolk is still runny.
5. Spoon the egg and tomato sauce over tortillas (torn into pieces).