Miso glazed salmon with leeks and asparagus
- 3 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sake
- 2 x 100g salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 x leek, 1 cm sliced white part only
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock
1. Mix the miso paste, mirin, honey and sake together. Coat the salmon with the marinade, cover with cling film and leave in the refrigerator for an hour.
2. Scrape marinade off the salmon and pan fry 1-2 minutes on all sides or until desired doneness is achieved. In the meantime add the butter and leftover marinade to a small saucepan on medium-low heat to create a sauce. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to thin the sauce if it is too thick.
3. Boil the leeks in salted water for 4 minutes or until just cooked. Drain and set aside.
4. Break off woody part of the stems of the asparagus. Slice the stalks evenly, about 8mm thick, leaving 2 inches of the asparagus head.
5. Fry the asparagus heads in oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, add the stems and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Add the leeks, butter and stock until butter is melted.
6. To assemble, lay the salmon in the middle of the plate, spoon the leek and asparagus around the salmon. Pour the miso sauce over the salmon. Now eat :)