Literally, the best roasted potatoes I've ever made! My husband dubbed them "better than fries" and requested I leave a trail of them down the block, Hansel and Gretel-style, nightly! ? short recipe:
(1) peel Yukon golds and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
(2) place in a pot and cover with cold water. Salt the water heavily
(3) bring up to a boil and boil until just fork tender
(4) drain and fluff with a fork in the colander and then put back into the hot pot
(5) season again with salt and add 2-3 tbsps cornstarch. Mix by shaking the pot around roughly (6) coat with clarified butter, duck fat, beef tallow or peanut/safflower/canola oil
(7) roast at 450 F for 25-30 minutes flipping them halfway through cooking
(8) vow to never make potatoes any other way again!