1. Heat olive oil in pan. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
2. Sprinkle with spices to your discretion, stir it around the pan.
3. Add canned crushed tomatoes and stir to combine.
4. Let simmer for a small while 'til it starts smelling real good (can cover pan at this point, or nah)
5. Make as deep a depression in the sauce as you can, then put the egg(s) in them. Make sure when you crack the egg, you can see through to the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle more salt and crack some pepper on the eggs.
6. Sprinkle some feta cheese (I like to just do a little bit at this point, then let people put more on themselves)
7. Let simmer until the eggs are cooked to your liking (typically sunny side up), then serve with more feta and crusty bread. Garnish with fresh herbs (ie parsley)
Tips for success
Use a large pan, but not a cast iron skillet (I used a scan pan)
Keep tasting and spicing as you go
Sprinkle the shit out of it with some feta
Serve in bowls