If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had left over cheese in the fridge from the farmers market and decided to experiment with recipes. I love to bake and this is what I came up with... —AshOnFire
Food52 Review: WHO: AshOnFire is both a teacher and a student. She lives in Hallendale Beach, Florida.
WHAT: A quick bread that tastes of the jolliest holidays.
HOW: Cream your butter, sugar, and ricotta cheese, fold in your wet and dry ingredients. Mix in cranberries. Bake until golden.
WHY WE LOVE IT: This is the kind of quick bread you can make with your eyes closed --but you'd never know it. Eat it for breakfast, snack, dessert, or send it off as an edible gift. Just make sure to keep one for yourself. —The Editors
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9 inch loaf dish.
- Whisk together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Stir together milk and extracts.
- Cream together cheese, butter, and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Whisk in dry ingredients, alternating with the milk and extract mixture. Then, slowly fold in cranberries.
- Fill loaf dish with mixture. and bake in over for about 35 minutes until well risen. Allow to cool for about an hour before sprinkling the top with sifted icing sugar.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta