These cookies barely make it to the cool state--everyone loves them.and always wants to know what that flavor is---the rosemary..with big chocolate flavor and toasting the nuts makes you almost want to cry---therefore my name big babies!!! —loubaby
- Serves about 12
(70%) chocolate bar, DIVIDED
finely chopped fresh rosemary
dark brown sugar
toasted pecans, coarse chop
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350. Place parchment paper on your cookie sheets.
- Combine ONLY 6 oz chocolate bar, unsweetened chocolate, butter and rosemary in small heavy saucepan (or in the top of a double boiler if you don’t have one) and melt chocolate over low heat until melted and blended, stirring often. Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in another small bowl; reserve.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer on medium high speed for 2 minutes; add chocolate mixture and combine. Stir in flour mixture by hand just until incorporated. Add remaining 6 oz chocolate bar, broken into chunks, and pecans.
- Using a 1/3 cup dry measure, scoop and drop 6 cookies onto cookie sheets, using a small spatula—do not spread out, leave lumpy.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes—do not over bake—the insides will be soft. Cool on racks.