If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1.5 cups lentils
- 2.5 liters Swiss chard leaves
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch green kizbara (coriander), or 1 stalk celery
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Wash lentils well and leave to drain overnight. Wash again in morning and pick over. Cook with water to cover in pressure cooker for 10 minutes. Open cooker. Add chard leaves which have been chopped with a few stems and one cup water. Cook under pressure another 8 minutes. Meanwhile fry onions in olive oil. Crush garlic with salt and add to fried onions. Wash and chop kizbara or celery. Add with the onions to the chard and lentil mixture. Stir. Add lemon juice mixed with one teaspoon flour to thicken the sauce. Let simmer until it is like thick soup. Add seasonings. Serve hot. Serves 6.
- Save chard stems and boil them to serve as a salad with taheeni (sesame oil). To cook in open kettle: Boil washed lentils until tender, adding hot water as necessary. Combine lentils with chard, fried onions and garlic mixture. Finish as above.