Author Notes: Deep fry shrimp and potatoes with sweet sour and creamy sauce. —Hidemi
pound Shrimp, deveined, peeled with tails on
Small Potatoes about 2/3 lb
cup canned Lima beans, drained
teaspoons Lemon Juice
teaspoons Grated Garlic Clove
teaspoons Granulated Sugar
tablespoons Corn Starch
Vegetable Oil for deep fry
In This Recipe
- Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch round slices, wrap in a plastic wrap and heat in a microwave for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Make sauce. In a bowl, combine milk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, grated garlic clove, granulated sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour and corn starch. Mix well.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over shrimp and potatoes. Then coat them with flour and corn starch mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan, deep fry shrimp and then potatoes. Drain and put them into the sauce bowl. Add lima beans to the bowl too. Toss to coat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe