If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tuna and avocado are great topping for sushi. I made Temari Sushi which means small ball-shaped sushi. No need special technique. Easy to make and fun to eat. —Hidemi
- 1 cup Uncooked Sushi Rice
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Avocado
- 1 canned Tuna (5 oz),drained
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- Rinse rice several times in running water until water gets clear. Drain in a colander. Cook in a sauce pan with a lid or rice cooker according to package directions
- While rice is cooking, in a small bowl, combine rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix well. Cut avocado into half, remove seed and cut into thinly slices.
- Make sauce. In a bowl. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, lemon juice and soy sauce. Mix well.
- When rice is cooked, transfer to the medium bowl and add rice vinegar mixture and mix gently. Don’t stir too much. Let cool.
- On a plastic wrap (5”x5”), place 1 teaspoon of tuna, then three slices of avocado and put 2 tablespoons of sushi rice on toppings. Shape the sushi into a ball twisting the plastic wrap. Repeat this.
- When ready to serve, unwrap the plastic wrap and pour the mayonnaise sauce on top of each temari sushi.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
More Great Recipes: