If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Don't toss the leafy green tops of your celery stalks but use them instead to make your own creamy celery pesto. For a spin on tradition pesto I substituted roasted macadamia nuts and the result? An incredible medley of bright flavors from the celery and deep richness from the cheese and macadamia nuts. This was a true winner in my house and probably the only way I can get my eight year old to eat his celery.
Spread atop a peppered cream cheese spread on bread of your choice and you will have yourself a delicious snack that will have your taste buds wanting more.
Perfect for lunch too with a simple side salad or toss with hot pasta for a quick weeknight dinner. Oh and how about spreading it on a pizza instead of tomato sauce? Are you hungry yet? I am! —Monica Bennett
Makes 2 cups
cups loosely packed celery leaves and roughly chopped stalks that the leaves are attached to
cup roasted Macadamia nuts
cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
teaspoon kosher salt
cup extra virgin olive oil
tablespoon lemon zest
ounces whipped cream cheese
tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Except for your olive oil and Parmesan cheese, place all ingredients in your food processor.
- While the food processor is running, slowly drizzle in your olive oil taking care to scrape down the sides of the bowl so everything is blended together.
- Add your Parmesan cheese and pulse about three times until the cheese is blended with the mixture. Set aside and prepare your peppered cream cheese.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together your cream cheese, black pepper and a pinch of salt (to taste). Mix well.
- On toasted bread of your choice, spread your cream cheese and then spread the pesto on top. Garnish with a generous pinch of chopped Macadamia nuts, drizzle of olive oil and crunchy, flaky sea salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe