Author Notes: Add a little bit of soy sauce to the batter. No need sauce because of nice flavor of soy sauce! —Hidemi
- 2 Cod Fish Fillets (0.75 lb)
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Panko
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- Peel potatoes and cut lengthwise into half inch wedge. Cut cod fish into 2--3.
- In a bowl, beat egg and add soy sauce. Stir well.
- Coat cod fish with flour, dip in egg mixture and coat with panko. Heat oil in a skillet and deep fry potatoes first. Drain well and sprinkle salt over potatoes. Then deep fry cod fish until golden and crispy. Drain well.
- Place potatoes and fish on the serving plate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food