If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You may or may not have noticed I have been trying to up the fancy quotient on my food photos. I’m adding captions with this crafty (and free!) photo editor and have been futzing with my new favorite camera lens. I am also integrating fabric backgrounds to distract you from the fact that I only have one white plate that I use in nearly every post. I guess the secret is out! Since I banned myself from stepping foot inside a Michael’s after maxing out my credit cards on an embarrassing number of glitter pens and puff paint, I had to get creative with my fabric choices. Today’s background, for example, is my chef pants from school. Future plans include the dress from my Bat Mitzvah (similar to this one but less slutty) and sequins. Stay tuned!
My fashionable and flattering chef pants seemed appropriate for my twist on a panzanella salad since that is one of the many tasty recipes we learned in school. Panzanella is a salad made from stale bread soaked in a vinaigrette. Man I did a crappy job of making that sound edible. Trust me on this one! I made mine Israeli style with tomatoes, cucumbers and tasty toasted pine nuts. And cilantro because I live in Mexico Texas. —What Jew Wanna Eat
- 8 cups Day old bread (I used a whole Italian baguette), cut into large chunks
- 1/3 cup Plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 Cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 Red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Toasted pine nuts
- 1 Bunch cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss your diced bread in two tablespoons olive oil, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Whisk together remaining 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cool bread and toss with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, pine nuts and cilantro. Then combine with dressing. Let marinate for 30 minutes and serve and enjoy!