If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A wholesome dish that calls only for a slice of fresh bread and a glass of white wine. But the dish will depend entirely on the quality of its ingredients, so invest in young, fresh beans, good quality mozzarella and fragrant olive oil. —QueenSashy
Makes 4 first course servings
- 2 pounds yellow string beans
- 1 pound buffalo mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 4 ounces pitted kalamata olives
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of one lemon
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a mini processor, puree the olives, garlic, lemon juice and four tablespoons of olive oil.
- Light a grill or preheat a broiler. Drizzle the beans with olive oil and season with salt. Grill over moderately high heat, turning the beans from time to time, until crisp-tender and lightly charred, about 12 minutes. Season with ground pepper.
- Spread the olive puree on plates, add the beans and top with mozzarella.
- Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over the cheese and sprinkle with some more pepper to garnish.