Author Notes: Wrap shrimp with bacon, dip in tempura batter and deep-fry. Easy, fast and delicious. —Hidemi
Large Shrimp, deveined, peeled with tails on
cup All-purposed flour
cup Cold Water
In This Recipe
- Make 2 or 3 incisions in the stomach sides of each shrimp to straighten. Lightly press the back of shrimp to straighten. Remove the dirt from the tail of shrimp using a knife. Drain shrimps on paper towel completely.
- Wrap each shrimp with one strip of bacon.
- Make tempura batter. In a bowl, beat egg and add cold water. Add all-purpose flour and mix gently.
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil to 340 degrees. F (for deep-fry)
- Dip each shrimp in the tempura batter. Deep-fry until crisp and golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish