If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I tried a pancake like this years ago, but never found a recipe that was quite as delicious and easy. It's got the great tang of lemon and sugar. It's closer to a crepe than a regular, thicker pancake and it's made on a pan, not baked. —RobinO
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar +a little more to sprinkle on pancakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 lemon
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Pour milk into separate bowl, mix with egg yolks.
- Beat eggwhites till softly foamy; fold into batter gently.
- Let batter sit for about 15 minutes.
- When batter is ready, heat 10", buttered pan (hot enough that batter will immediately start to cook when poured in. Lower heat to moderate. Use 1/4 cup measure to put batter in pan, which you should tilt to distribute batter.
- Cook on first side till edges start to brown a little, then turn pancake over. Cook about another 30 seconds-1 minute till second side is a little browned. Don't overcook or pancakes will be stiff.
- Plate pancake, squeeze a little lemon juice on it and sprinkle with sugar. Serve!