Author Notes: I tried a pancake like this years ago, but never found a recipe that was quite as delicious and easy. It's got the great tang of lemon and sugar. It's closer to a crepe than a regular, thicker pancake and it's made on a pan, not baked. —RobinO
cup all-purpose flour
tablespoons sugar +a little more to sprinkle on pancakes
teaspoons baking soda
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Pour milk into separate bowl, mix with egg yolks.
- Beat eggwhites till softly foamy; fold into batter gently.
- Let batter sit for about 15 minutes.
- When batter is ready, heat 10", buttered pan (hot enough that batter will immediately start to cook when poured in. Lower heat to moderate. Use 1/4 cup measure to put batter in pan, which you should tilt to distribute batter.
- Cook on first side till edges start to brown a little, then turn pancake over. Cook about another 30 seconds-1 minute till second side is a little browned. Don't overcook or pancakes will be stiff.
- Plate pancake, squeeze a little lemon juice on it and sprinkle with sugar. Serve!