If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From Nigel Slater's Tender, this potato cake is like one giant, amazing latke. Slater calls for Duck or Goose fat but I just used butter and it was just as good. —Happyolks
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Shred potatoes by hand or with the fine shred setting on the food processor.
- Melt butter in a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Press shredded potatoes, garlic, and thyme evenly into the pan and cook for 15 minutes until the bottom is completely browned. With a spatula, carefully create some space between the pan and the cake. Place a large plate over the top of the pan and flip cake onto the plate.
- Add a bit more butter and slide cake back into the pan and brown on the opposite side.
- Serve with flakes of salt and lemony greens.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!