If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am looking at sugar-free dessert menus but most use a sugar substitute. i opt to use fruits, so i made myself one. I was in the kitchen eating some baked sweet potato with rosemary when i realized i can use half of the sweet potato i was eating, so i started to put the left over baked sweet potato in the food processor. This is how the sugar- free almond sweet potato cake came into being. I looked at my freezer and saw some strawberries, so i thawed it and soaked some raisins. I put some water in the blender. This is yummilicious! I attended a Wholefoods 'Health Starts Here' workshop and decided to bring some for the attendees to taste. they liked and asked me for the recipe. So, i am publishing it here so i can show them the link. —JuneRoca
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet potato
- 1 cup sliced pitted deglet dates
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup golden flax meal
- 1/4 cup club soda (soda water)
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 7 drops orange essential oil
- Module 1- Wet Ingredients Blend the wet ingredients: dates, water, soda water and lemon juice
- Module 2 - Dry Igredients Put the dry ingredients in a food processor. almond meal, roasted sweet potato, golden flax meal, salt and nutritional yeast. Process until the well mixed. Note: To make the roasted sweet potato, peel and slice sweet potato into bite size pieces. Drizzle with olive oil and rosemary powder. Bake in a 375 degrees oven until done
- Add the blended wet ingredients mix (Module 1) to the processed dry ingredients ( Module 2). Process in the food processor. Add the orange essential oil and pulse until well mixed with the rest of the ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Module 3 - Baking Brush a 7" round baking pan with olive oil and dust with quinoa flour or any flour Put a round parchment paper at the bottom of the pan ( for double protection) Bake in a 300 degrees oven for 3 hrs or until dione, and the toothpick comes out clean. Cover the top when the color changes to golden brown or put the temperature down to 250 degrees at the last quarter of baking . This cake does not need to rise so its okay to put the temperature down when needed.