If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn't love and ice cream that doesn't require any equpiment, right?
I live for key lime pie but I also live for ice cream AND I am lazy, so this just made sense.
It's a bowl of tart, creamy, delicious key lime pie if key lime pie wasn't pie but ice cream. —carole_nelson_brown
Makes: approx 1 quart
cups whipping cream
can sweetened condensed milk
milliliters freshly squeezed key lime juice
grated zest from 6 key limes
6 squares of graham cracker, crushed
- whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Meanwhile, mix the lime juice and zest into the condensed milk. Make sure to taste it at that point to see if you want it have more lime flavour. Remember you are going to dilute the flavours when you mix it into the 2 cups of whipped cream so if it's too subtle before you mix it into the cream, it's going to be way too subtle after.
- When you are sure you like the balance of limeyness to sweetness, fold in the graham crackers and then fold that entire mixture into the bowl of whipped cream.
- Pour this delicious goodness into a freezer container of some sort and freeze if for at least 5 or 6 hrs. When that time is up, you just dig in. It's that easy. *the basic recipe for this ice cream is all over the internet but I got my original inspiration from Journey Kitchen http://www.journeykitchen.com/2011/08/two-ingredient-ice-cream-without-ice.html
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts