If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Idaho + Potatoes = LOVE. Not too long ago we visited McCall, ID where there was a sweet little bakery called Stacey Cakes. Out of this bakery came the most amazingly scrumptious Loaded Baked Potato Muffins ever. I knew immediately that I would try and re-create them in my tiny silver Airstream kitchen. They truly are the perfect to go snack anywhere, anytime. —Monica Bennett
Makes approx. 12 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cooked, chopped bacon (reserving 2 tablespoons of fat)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions/scallions
- 2 tablespoons reserved bacon fat
- In a large bowl, stir the eggs into the potatoes.
- In a separate (smaller) bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder and add this to your potato mix.
- Fold in the bacon fat, bacon, cheese and green onions.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and fill almost to the top (they won't rise much).
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes if you are using large muffin tins or for 15-20 for smaller tins.
- Bake until the edges become a beautiful golden color :) Serve warm or cold - delicious either way.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack