If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Peaches come into season just as my lavender is in full bloom. This recipe tastes like summer and we love it with breakfast or as a topping on vanilla ice cream! For easy peach-peeling, score the bottoms, place them in boiling water for 30 seconds or until the skin starts to pull away, and then drop them into an ice bath. The skins will pull right off. —CravingSomethingHealthy
Makes 5 cups
tablespoons Dried lavender flowers
cups slightly mashed peaches - from 8-9 peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
cup fresh lemon juice
cup orange blossom honey (room temperature)
Pomona's Universal Pectin (or other low sugar powdered pectin)
- If using Pomona's Pectin - prepare calcium water according to package directions and set aside.
- Bring water and lavender flowers to a boil in a small saucepan. Turn off heat, cover and let steep for 30 minutes. Strain lavender, reserving water.
- Put mashed peaches in a medium saucepan.
- Add lemon juice, lavender water, and 4 tsp calcium water from Pectin recipe, and stir to combine.
- Bring peach mixture to a boil.
- While waiting for peaches to boil, mix together honey and 3 tsp Pectin Powder.
- When fruit is at a boil, add pectin-honey mixture and stir vigorously 1-2 minutes to dissolve pectin. Return to a boil, and immediately remove from heat.
- Fill jars with jam, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs