If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When nostalgic Fall hits my heart and romantic rainy evenings get a way too lonely... Kitchen calls for longer hours :)
Found sweet potato soup recipe in some vegetarian recipe book in the Oporto airport. Came home, had a glass of wine and reinvented it my way. Absolutely gorgeous, comforting balm for one´s soul with a slight kick of spice! —Ausra de Araujo
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh ginger root
- 1 Red Chilli (seeds removed, if desired - I personally love this soup very hot)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1.6 pounds Sweet potatoes
- 1 Can full fat coconut milk
- 1 Lime
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 cup Frozen green peas
- 0.5 cups Coconut flakes
- Heat the olive oil. Add chopped onion, garlic, chili, lime zest (keep the juice for the end) and grated ginger. Saute for 5 min. Add sweet potato cut in cubes. Saute for more 2 min.
- Cover with 500 ml water and cook for about 25 min until potatoes get tender. Add some salt if necessary.
- Blend the soup. Stir in the coconut milk and juice of 1 lime. Remove from the heat. Cover and leave it for a while.
- Meanwhile heat up a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil, throw in the peas. Once the water evaporated add the coconut flakes, adjust the salt and let it tost until light yellow. You´ll smell it when it´s done! :)