If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is my little dedication to a very special person, who is the reason I now love so much this dish.
My holidays in UK & Marinated tuna have become inseparable along the years:)
Thank you, John!
I hope you will now enjoy my version of it.
I have used Grappa in this recipe, but any spirit suits. As for example, John would use a mix of different drinks, my favourite was always Whiskey. I adore the smell and the taste of it:) —Ausra de Araujo
- 1 pound Atlantic Bluefin tuna steak
- 1/4 liter Grappa
- 1/4 liter Tamari sauce (can be easily switched for a dark soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dark Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon Chopped parsley
- 1 Avocado (to serve with)
- 1 Cucumber (to serve with)
- Juice of 0.5 lime to finish
- Black pepper
- Place tuna in a deep bowl and cover with a mix of Tamari sauce & Grappa. Leave refrigerated for about 30min.
- Using a silicon brush spread a drop of olive oil in a frying pan, heat it up.
- Dry tuna with a kitchen papper.
- Continueing using high heat, fry each side for 10 seconds. We want it to be very crispy from the outside and very juicy and tender inside :)
- Remove to a plate. Spread the maple syrup around the steak. Cover it with a generous amount of poppy seeds. Slice choosing desired thickness.
- Serve with freshly cut avocado & cucumber. Sprinkle with some lime juice and roughly ground black pepper. Decorate with parsley.