Author Notes: You can soak buckwheat grains, blend them, strain them off and then make the burgers... OR you can use what´s left after making your buckwheat milk :) This is what I normally do :) —Ausra de Araujo
cup Soaked buckwheat grains
tablespoon Ground Flax seeds
clove of Garlic
Small Onion, fresh & pureed
Black pepper & Sea Salt to taste
Fresh chopped herbs of your taste
Olive oil to spray
- Blend your grains, soaked overnight. Strain.
- Mix flax seeds with water until thick.
- Pour into the buckwheat paste. Add salt, pepper, herbs, grated garlic & pureed onion.
- Form burgers. You might need to squeeze them a little bit to make sure they stay "in shape" :)
- Spray the baking sheet with olive oil. Place the burgers. Bake them for 25-30min @ 350F (180ºC)
- My husband loves them with a Greek Tzatziki (natural yogurt, garlic, cucumber dip). I keep it vegan & serve beautifully with roasted vegetables.