If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend brought me some sage from her garden and I had to try making a pesto out of it. This is a very unique, earthy and mild Pesto.. It's great on artisan bread with tomato and cheese, toasted or cold. —CaliZona
Makes about 3 cups
- 2 cups Fresh Sage
- 1 1/2 cups Toasted Walnuts
- 1 cup Aged Asiago Cheese
- 1/2 cup Toasted Walnut Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt or to taste
- Toast the Walnuts first. Preheat oven to 375°F and place Walnuts on a baking sheet. Roast Walnuts until they start to brown and smell toasted about 5 to 10 minutes. Make sure and check them frequently so they don’t burn.
- Add all ingredients in to a food processor or blender and puree until desired texture.