If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Such a garden fresh, warm, comforting & silky tomato soup. There is no need for cream with the added flavor the roasted tomatoes and fresh basil! —CaliZona
Serves 4 - 6
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil leaves chopped finely
- 4 teaspoons Thyme (dry or fresh)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 7 - 9 Tomatoes
Onion Wine Redution
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1/3 cup Dry White Wine
- 3/4 Sea Salt or to taste
- 1/4 Black Pepper
- Cut Tomatoes in half for medium-sized and in thirds for large.
- Bake for 30 minutes on 325 and 10 minutes on 400, so you have more water from the tomatoes than you would if you fully caramelized them.
- When the Tomatoes are done let cool then peel off the skins and put in to a food processor
- Dice the Onion then add to a large sauce pan. Saute until soft then add the wine and reduce until syrupy & add to food processor and puree
- Heat it up and serve