If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made salsa meat sauce with cheddar cheese with salsa sauce and ground chicken then put into wonton wrappers. Deep fry until golden and crisp. —Hidemi
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- 1/2 pound Ground Chicken
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/4 Medium Onion
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Salsa Sauce (mild or hot, your preference)
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- Mince garlic and onion.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil and sauté garlic over medium heat until fragrant. Add onion and sauté until tender. Then add ground chicken and cook breaking the meat until lightly brown. Discard the fat in the skillet then stir in salsa sauce, chili powder, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add cheese to the skillet, turn off the heat and stir to melt cheese. Let cool for about 15-20 minutes.
- Scoop up about 1-1.5 teaspoon of mixture and put in the center of a wonton wrapper. Wet all the edges with water, fold the sides up to form a semicircle, then pinch the edges to seal. Repeat the same with the rest of wrappers until the filling is used up.
- In a fry pan or work, heat canola oil enough to deep-fry dumplings. Put dumplings into the fry pan or work and deep-fry until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre