Author Notes: Pan fried sesame and soy flavored shrimp on the cocktail bread. To make those crispier, bake after pan fried. —Hidemi
ounces Frozen Salad Shrimp, thawed
tablespoons Soy Sauce
teaspoons Sesame Oil
Slices of Cocktail Bread
cup Canola Oil
- In a bowl, beat egg and stir in soy sauce, sesame oil, scallions and shrimp. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Sprinkle corn starch on one side of each cocktail bread and spread the shrimp mixture on the corn starch spread side.
- In a skillet, heat canola oil. Place the cocktail breads, shrimp mixture side down, and pan-fry until lightly browned.
- Turn over and cook the other side until lightly browned. Drain on paper towel.
- Place cocktail breads on a baking sheet and bake in preheated 400 degrees F oven for 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre