If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This time is almond, but you can use any grain, nut or seed - brown rice, buckwheat, millet, cashew, sesame or poppy. The only difference is soaking in cold water in a choice of nuts or seeds and covering with boiling water when harder grains are used.
*Flakes of oats for oat milk do not have to be soaked. They are ready to go. —Ausra de Araujo
- 3/4 cup Almond (soaked overnight)
- 4 cups Water
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 4 Dried pitted Dates (soaked in hot water) or 1 tsp of coconut sugar or nothing
- 1 teaspoon Natural Vanilla or Almond extract* (very optional, I personally do not use it when make milk for myself)
- Grind your soaked almonds in a food processor. Add salt, chopped dates, vanilla extract (*) and drained cereals in a blender, cover with 1 cup of water. Blend well. Join other 3 cups. Blend till white and foamy.
- Using a strainer pour the liquid to a glass jar. Best to use in 2-5 days. Keep refrigerated. (I make mine fresh daily, it´s more delicious this way:)