Author Notes: My husband's family is German and my mother in law bakes seriously. This is one of her Christmas cookie recipes. —luvcookbooks
Serves: several dozen
ounces powdered sugar
grated rind of half a lemon
ounces ground almonds
In This Recipe
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Stir in powdered sugar and grated lemon rind. Wonder why the half ounce. Call mother in law. She doesn't know either. Set aside about 4 tablespoons of the mixture.
- Stir in ground almonds and one teaspoon cinnamon. Roll thin using sugar on board instead of flour and cut out stars.
- put dab of reserved egg white in the center of each star. Bake at 325 for 8 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Egg Whites