If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband's family is German and my mother in law bakes seriously. This is one of her Christmas cookie recipes. —luvcookbooks
Serves several dozen
- 2 egg whites
- 8.5 ounces powdered sugar
- grated rind of half a lemon
- 8.5 ounces ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Stir in powdered sugar and grated lemon rind. Wonder why the half ounce. Call mother in law. She doesn't know either. Set aside about 4 tablespoons of the mixture.
- Stir in ground almonds and one teaspoon cinnamon. Roll thin using sugar on board instead of flour and cut out stars.
- put dab of reserved egg white in the center of each star. Bake at 325 for 8 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Egg Whites