If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The fudgiest, sweetest, and most chocolatey brownies ever: Ice Box Sweet Potato & Walnut Brownies. These vegetable based brownies [I realize that sounds completely bizarre but bare with me, they're incredible!] are not only vegan, but gluten free and naturally sweetened with 100% pure maple syrup and medjool dates.
Nutritional Information [per brownie]
190 Calories, 44g Carbohydrates, 7.6g Fat, 3.8g Protein, 3.4g FIber, 14.5g Sugar —Alexandra Dawson
Makes 9 brownies
large sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
cup brown rice flour
cup raw cacao powder + more for dusting
tablespoons flaxseed meal
cups medjool dates
tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup, depending on desired sweetness
pinch of sea salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F, rack in middle, and lightly grease an 8?x8? baking pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Place sweet potatoes in a pot and cover them with cold water until just submerged, then bring to a boil. Continue boiling for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are very soft. If the water begins to boil off just add a bit more! Remove from heat and drain water.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor fitted with an S blade, blend walnuts, brown rice flour, cacao and flax until they are a fine powder. Add remaining ingredients and the softened potato to the processor and pulse until well mixed.
- Scoop batter into the greased baking pan, dust with extra cacao, then bake for 30 minutes or until a decent crust forms on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Place brownies, in covered baking pan, into the freezer and chill until solid. Slice and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts