If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We bought some very thin, organic asparagus so we decided to make a pasta dinner. We had some shiitake mushrooms in the fridge and to that we added sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts and a few red pepper flakes. Tom started by sauteing the asparagus in olive oil, then added the remaining ingredients. (The cooking process took about 10 minutes.) Next he added some balsamic vinegar to the mixture and then let the flavors blend for a few minutes. While that was cooking, my job was to boil the pasta and plate the meal. The robust flavors made a wonderful, quick, easy dinner that was so delicious! Hope you'll give it a try! —Tom and Anita Morgan
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms (or the shroom of your choice)
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 6-8 ounces rigatoni pasta (or the pasta of your choice)
- Wash the asparagus and cut into 2" pieces then saute in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Slice the mushrooms then add the rest of the ingredients up to the Parmesan cheese. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Serve in a heated deep dish bowl or on a plate and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- All of the ingredients are more or less in quantity depending on your tastes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal