If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crispy, baked parmesan zucchini fries with a spicy garlic aioli dipping sauce by SouthernFATTY.com —Phillip || SouthernFATTY.com
- 3 Zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 packet pizza seasoning, optional (but amazing!)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup and to prevent sticking. Spray pan instead if no paper.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a prep bowl along with the Parmesan cheese.
- Beat eggs in separate prep bowl.
- Slice zucchini into sticks. Aim for sticks that all have the same general size for even baking. You may leave or remove the skins. I prefer them on!
- Setup your stations... Zucchini on the far left, egg wash next, followed by the dry ingredients.
- Keep your left hand wet, right hand dry! Take individual zucchini sticks and dip them in egg wash using one hand, placing them in the dry ingredients after. Use your dry hand to make sure they are coated well.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Cook until golden, about 20 minutes. Flip halfway through.
- Enjoy! Be sure to send us pictures and comments at SouthernFATTY.com with your results!
Spicy Garlic Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- salt, to taste
- Zest and juice the lime. Lime zest is very robust. I used 1/4th of the lime, zested, along with the juice. Fresh lime preferred. Substitute 1-2 tablespoons lime juice, bottled, if required.
- Combine other ingredients.
- Add salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for optimal taste. This will last for a very long time refrigerated. Great on almost everything! Burgers, fries, etc.
- Enjoy! Come back to SouthernFATTY.com and let us know how you liked it!