If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simply season the beef stew with butter and salt. To thicken the soup, add quick oats. No complication, simple yet comfort, mild and healthy stew. —Hidemi
- 0.5 pounds Lean Stewing Beef
- 10 Peeld Baby Carrots
- 2 Medium Red Potatoes (about 2/3 lb)
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3 tablespoons Quick Oats
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Wash potatoes and cut into bite size. Peel and halve onion and slice thinly.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and sauté onion over medium heat until tender. Add beef, carrots and potatoes and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add 2 cups water and bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender removing the scum periodically.
- Stir in oats and salt. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Lastly, add butter to the pot. When the butter is melted, turn off the heat and put the stew into each serving bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal