If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet & Sour Homemade Lemon Drop Candies | SouthernFATTY —Phillip || SouthernFATTY.com
teaspoon cream of tartar
teaspoon lemon extract
teaspoons citric acid
teaspoon yellow gel coloring
cup super-fine sugar (granulated in food processor) or powdered sugar
- Prepare work stations-- sauce-pan, silicone mat/marble/oiled parchment paper on sheet pan, oiled/buttered kitchen shears, oiled/buttered spatula, pan of coating sugar. Have ingredients all measured and ready to incorporate before starting. Sugar isn't very forgiving!
- Heat sugar, water and cream of tartar (prevents crystallization) in stainless steel or copper saucepan over medium/medium-high heat.
- Heat to exactly 300 deg F, using a candy thermometer to verify temperature.
- At 300, immediately remove pan from heat and pour to silicone mat/marble/lined pan.
- Mix in lemon extract, citric acid and a small amount of gel coloring. Incorporate with oiled spatula.
- Using oiled kitchen shears, cut rope into individual pieces. Let fall into pan of coating sugar. This prevents the pieces from sticking to each other.
- Sift excess sugar and allow candy to cool completely. It will harden after some time.
- For the full recipe, please visit: http://southernfatty.com/lemon-drop-candies/