If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of the best kale salads ever! The crunch of the sliced almond with the texture of the kale mixed with the flavors of sesame, rice wine vinegar and asiago cheese its an explosion of flavors. —CaliZona
Serves 2 - 4
- 1 tablespoon Head of Kale
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 Teaspoon Brown Rice Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Tamari - or to taste (be careful not to add too much)
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese or Aged Asiago (or to taste)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Wash and remove main rib by holding the end of the steam and pull down with your other hand easily removing and discarding the main rib Tear into small pieces.
- Add 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil and massage in for at least a minute. This softens the kale and infuses the flavor into the leaves removing the bitterness the kale usually has
- Shred the cheese and mesure and add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens