If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I can´t stop admiring Middle East cuisine, it´s so rich in flavours, colours, textures, fragrances. I simply love the way they combine all the ingredients and the way the result of all the weird mixes surprises me in the end. My transaction from a messy dieter to a healthy vegetarian became so much more colourful and joyful once I headed East ;)
Baba Ganoush or just a simple eggplant dip cheers up one´s table and one´s heart :) —Ausra de Araujo
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon Fresh tahini paste (not made from roasted sesame seeds one!!)
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- pinches of sea salt
- zata´ar to decorate
- raw olive oil to drizzle
- Slice eggplant in half, and roast in 200º oven until soft. Let it cool.
- Scoop out the inside, leaving the skin out and along with all the other ingredients, except the olive oil and zata´ar blend in the food processor until smooth.
- Decorate with Zata´ar and olive oil. I like it well chilled but serve it warm is also tasty.