If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet, Caramel-Glazed Samoa Mini Doughnuts —Phillip || SouthernFATTY.com
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 teaspoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F if using doughnut pan (or heat mini-doughnut maker!)
- Combine and sift dry ingredients.
- In mixer, add milk, vanilla, butter, egg slowly to dry mixture until combined.
- Pipe into doughnut pan or maker. Bake for ~5 minutes if using oven with mini doughnut pan.
- Remove when firm. Allow to cool completely.
Coconut Caramel Glaze
- 7-10 ounces coconut, flaked / sweetened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Toast coconut in 350 F oven, stirring often, until golden. 4-5 minutes. Watch closely! Will burn quickly. Remove and let cool.
- Combine all other caramel ingredients in microwave-safe bowl. (Leaving out coconut for now)
- Heat on high power for 6 minutes, stirring every 2.
- Remove and carefully pour half into other bowl. Mix toasted coconut into one half.
- Allow to cool until warm enough to handle, as to not burn yourself.
- Dip doughnuts into caramel and then into caramel/coconut mixture, pressing coconut mixture into shape with greased spoon back if needed.
- Optionally, melt chocolate chips to dip base in and let cool. Drizzle additional chocolate on tops for stripes.
- Enjoy with friends! Visit SouthernFATTY.com for full recipe post and pictures.