If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This joyful root is normally very neglected in ones kitchen. It´s intense smell and peculiar taste makes you choose all the veggies in the fridge and leave this one for later:) I would strongly encourage you to start using it. Celery is one of the most valuable natural foods, which is one of the best known natural deposits of various nutrients and vitamins. It is rich in vitamins A, C, K and E, essential oils, carotene, microelements and other nutrients. Health benefits of celery root are numerous, but despite all that it´s taste is unforgettably rich. Using celery, you do not need any other seasoning. It´s a set of the best spices itself. These pancakes are heavenly delicious. This I promise! —Ausra de Araujo
- 1 small celery root, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 200 milliliters 10% cream
- Salt to taste
- Few drops of olive oil to pass on the non stick pan
- Using a food processor blend celery with onion til liquid. Beat in the egg and add cream. Mix in slowly the flour. Season.
- Form and fry (I have literally grilled mine:) your pancakes choosing the size as desired.
- I have served them using Greek yogurt mixed with some grated horseradish root and cucumber for my family. But personally I had them just plain :)