If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rich, dense and very remarkable in flavors cake with NO-FAIL icing! I think they liked it :) —Ausra de Araujo
Poppy Seed Cake
- 540 grams Self raising flour
- 300 grams Caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 5 tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- 300 grams Butter
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 420 Buttermilk
- 5 Egg whites
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Melt butter, beat the egg whites till firm and join together. Stir well.
- Divide the batter between 3 or 4 parts. Bake every each of them for 20 min @ 180º.
Lemon Syrup & White Chocolate Icing
- 100 grams Sugar
- 20 milliliters Water
- Juice of 2 lemones
- 200 grams White chocolate
- 400 grams Light Cream Cheese
- 400 milliliters Cream to whip
- 1 teaspoon Potato starch
- Rose petals and white chocolate, chopped
- For the lemon syrup mix sugar, water and lemon juice, bring to boil, let thicken for some minutes. Brush generously the cake layers while warm. Leave to cool down completely before icing.
- For the icing melt white chocolate, just don't heat up too much. Mix well with the cream cheese. Separately whip the cream with 1 tsp of starch till firm. and gently add to the cream cheese and chocolate paste stirring in slowly.
- Spread the icing on the cake layers building up the cake, giving a nice finish. Decorate with some chopped white chocolate and edible rose petals.