If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet dessert tarts with almond frangipane cream filling and amaretto caramel nut topping.
View full post with images and recipes at http://www.SouthernFATTY.com —Phillip || SouthernFATTY.com
Tart Crust - Patê Sucrée
- 1 1/3 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 ounces butter, unsalted, COLD
- 2-4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Combine flour, salt and sugar in a stand mixer. Mix slowly until well-combined.
- Add butter and beat until small balls of butter remain, for a couple of minutes. You want the cold butter balls to remain. Don't over-mix until the butter is not visible!
- Add the egg and 1 tablespoon of heavy cream. Mix slowly.
- Slowly add additional cream until the mixture starts to form larger pieces of dough. Stop as soon as it starts to come together into large pieces.
- Remove dough and place in plastic wrap in disk. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove dough after chilled and pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Working quickly to keep cool, roll out dough to desired thickness. I prefer about 1/4". Cut out for tart mold(s). Be sure they will fit tightly, pressed into corners/seams.
- Press into mold(s). Poke holes into dough bottom with fork. This prevents the tarts from puffing while baking. Place in freezer until harder and set.
- Make filling. Continue with instructions below:
Frangipane Filling & Caramel Nut Topping
- FRANGIPANE (ALMOND) FILLING
- 1/2 cup almonds or almond flour
- 1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- AMARETTO CARAMEL TOPPING
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons amaretto liquor
- 1 cup nuts, optional
- FRANGIPANE: Combine almonds/almond flour, sugar and 1 T flour from top of ingredients list. Pulse in food processor until fine. Add butter, egg, vanilla, salt.
- CARAMEL: Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/3 c water in saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil until medium amber color. Mix in heavy cream and remove from heat. After the bubbling stops-- add butter, salt, vanilla, amaretto.
- Fill shells about 1/3 with filling. Bake until shells are golden and filling firm to touch, about 8-12 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Top filled tarts with nuts of choice and top with caramel mixture.
- Let cool and enjoy! Visit us at SouthernFATTY.com for full images and recipes!