If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite summer libations was the inspiration to this summery southern-style dessert. —Stefano Coppola
Food52 Review: Recipes don't get much easier than this. And who wouldn't delight at the prospect of using Bourbon in a dessert? Peach halves are lightly grilled until barely warmed through and then drizzled with a mint-infused bourbon and brown sugar glaze. Top the whole thing with some vanilla ice cream, and you've got yourself a real summer treat. Stefano Coppola's recipe makes a fair amount of glaze, but you'll be happy to have leftovers. Be careful not to cook down the glaze too much, or it will harden when it hits the cold ice cream. - A&M —The Editors
- 4 ripe peaches, prefferably loose stone
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup Kentucky Bourbon
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 4 sprigs mint
- 2 cups premium vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat grill to high
- Pick leaves off mint sprigs.
- Make the glaze- combine bourbon, brown sugar, & mint stems in a small saucepot over medium heat. Allow sauce to reduce 5 min, remove stems.
- Half peaches & remove stone, brush with canola oil
- Grill peaches, flesh side down and covered, for 2 minutes.
- Rotate 180 degrees and grill, covered, about 2 more minutes- depending on how ripe the peaches are.
- Plate peaches, flesh side up, and drizzle with glaze.
- Top with ice cream and garnish with mint leaves.
- Your Best Peach Recipe Contest Finalist!