If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The most vibrant (and insanely delicious) smoothie up my sleeve: The Hot Pink Monkey Smoothie, made with creamy ripe banana, brilliantly sweet and pink beets, and a hint of fresh spice. Beets have strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, coupled with a stimulating effect on the various detoxification pathways of your body, especially your liver. They’re packed with betaine, a nutrient that promotes the flow of bile for better digestion and improves liver detoxification, as well as crucial vitamins A, B and C, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and folic acid. Please feel free to add a cup (or two) of fresh leafy greens to this raw smoothie for an extra nutrient boost. Be aware the hot-pink color may be compromised, but I promise your body will be forever thankful!
Nutritional Information [per smoothie= 2 cups]
230 Calories, 46g Carbohydrates, 6g Fat, 4.3g Protein, 9.7g Fiber, 25g Sugar —Alexandra Dawson
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- 1 large carrot (or 5 baby)
- 1/2 large beet, cut into cubes
- 1/4 avocado, peel removed
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup kale or spinach, fresh
- There isn’t much to do for this recipe, but blend and enjoy! Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender. I use a VitaMix because it is so thorough at blending, but any blender will do. Blend for about 45 seconds, or until desired consistency is reached. Pour the smoothie into your favorite glass.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe